Amarillo Attorney - Barfield Law FirmAmarillo Attorney - Barfield Law Firm

- Home

- Know Your Legal Rights

- Frequent Questions

- Contact Us

Amarillo Attorney - W. Brooks Barfield, JR

Frequently Asked Questions

Amarillo Attorney - W. Brooks Barfield, JR.

W. Brooks Barfield, Jr.|
Fellow Texas Bar Association

Barfield Law Firm
Amarillo, Texas

Amarillo Attorney

If myself or a loved one is served with legal documents, injured in an accident, or accused of a crime what should I do?
A: Immediately call our office. If you are served with legal documents, injured by the negligence of another, or accused of a criminal offense, you need to know your rights immediately. Never ignore legal documents or assume the legal matter will just go away. We offer free initial consultations, so it will not cost you anything to get the initial information you need.

If I am considering an adoption, divorce, custody modification, or child support issue what should I do?

A: Call and talk to us. We can point you in the right direction. Whether it be recommending a good marital or family counsel,or making an appoint for you to come speak to Mr. Barfield in greater detail about your specific situation. It is better to do something than nothing. Get the answers you need to make an intelligent decision.

Aren't Amarillo Attorney's extremely expensive?

A: We handle each case on an individual basis. It may surprise you how affordable we can make your legal situation.

How long will my Amarillo Family Law case take?

A: Although we can never give exact dates for the conclusion of any given case, most family law case in our office average from 90 days to six months depending on the complexity of the issues.

If I am pulled over for a DWI should I do the field sobriety tests and breath tests?

A: Never. In our experience by the time the officer is having you perform the field tests the officer suspects you are intoxicated, and will not allow you back on the roadway. It would be wrong for him to do so, if he honestly believes you are impaired. Be polite to the officer.

If I am injured in a collision what should I do?

A: Try and remain calm. Obtain the other persons name, address, telephone number and complete insurance information as well as the license plate number of their vehicle. If possible have someone take photos immediately of the accident scene, and only after you seek medial treatment give us a call. First concentrate on your health then let us help you.

If I am arrested should I give a statement to police?

A: If you are accused or suspected of a crime do not refuse to give out your basic personal information to the police officer. (i.e name, address, telephone number etc.). Never be rude to law enforcement officers. However, You have a right to remain silent until after you have had an opportunity to talk to an attorney. Exercise your 5th Amendment right to talk to an attorney first. If you request an attorney the police have to stop questioning you right then and there.

If I am arrested should I just plead guilty the first time I see a judge?

A: Never. Always initially plead not guilty. Then call us first so we can advise you of your rights.

How long does it take to get an appointment?

A: That is not a problem. We go out of our way to make sure we get you in to see us. Usually within 24 to 48 hours. In emergency situations the same day, even if it is after hours.

How long have you been practicing?

A: Mr. Barfield had been licensed since 1992 and has handled literally thousands of cases.

Amarillo Attorney - Visa, Mastercard